In the event that any watermain break occurs, please contact the municipal office as soon as possible. If a serious break occurs after hours, please contact the Point Edward O.P.P. and they will contact the Environmental Services Department’s on-call staff.
The Water Treatment Plant to service the needs of all property owners within the Village is under the jurisdiction of the Lambton Area Water Supply Service (LAWSS).
LAWSS General Manager Clinton Harper
Telephone: (519) 344-7429
|Backflow Prevention By-Law||Backflow Prevention By-Law Appendix A|
|Backflow Prevention By-Law Appendix B||Backflow Prevention By-Law Appendix C|
|Backflow Prevention By-Law Appendix D|
Quality Management System (QMS) Policy
The Village of Point Edward, its Management and entire staff are committed to the principles and objectives set out in our Quality Management System (QMS) Policy.
The Village of Point Edward’s Policy is to:
- Meet or exceed all applicable legislative and regulatory requirements
- Commit to ensuring a consistent supply of safe drinking water
- Promote effective communications, both internally and externally
- Report performances to employees, regulators and consumers effectively
- Train all staff on their responsibilities under the QMS
- Maintain and continuously improve our QMS to provide services that protect public health
Our Management and entire staff will act to ensure the implementation of this Policy and will monitor progress of the Quality Management System (QMS).
The Water Distribution System is under the jurisdiction of the Village of Point Edward. The Village purchases water from LAWSS.
The Village provides the following services:
- Operation, repair and maintenance of the distribution system, including emergency repairs. The property owner is responsible for the portion of the watermain from the property line to the house.
- Repairs/replacement of water meters;
- Flushing of the watermains;
- Water billings
The Village of Point Edward is responsible for reading water meters and issuing bills for water consumption, sanitary sewer charges and reserves. The billing is processed on a quarterly period: January, April, July, and October.
To pay by Pre-Authorized Payments, please submit a completed enrollment form together with a void cheque:
When requesting information, please provide your name, civic address and account number.
Telephone: (519) 337-3021
Fax: (519) 337-5963
Our 2020 water rates are:
- $1.36/m³ for water;
- .89¢/m³ for sewage; and
- .26¢/m³ for water and sewage reserves.
There is a monthly service charge for water & sewage.
The Village of Point Edward is required to submit an annual report to the Ministry of Environment on an annual basis.