Public Works

The Public Works Department is involved with a wide variety of responsibilities. One of the main duties is to maintain and improve Village roads for the benefit of the traveling public.

Snow Removal

Snow and ice removal from Village streets is a responsibility of the Public Works employees. They also clear the walkways as soon as is possible following winter storms.

Residents should ensure that snow from their driveways is not plowed or blown onto the street as this causes a hazard to other motorists. It is contrary to the Highway Traffic Act and the O.P.P. are able to issue set fines for this type of offence.

Overnight Parking

There is no overnight parking permitted in the Village of Point Edward from December 1 until April 1 of the following year from 2 a.m. to 5 a.m.


It is the responsibility of the property owner to clear snow from sidewalks adjacent to their property.


The Public Works Department tries to fill any potholes with asphalt on a regular basis. If you notice a pothole that requires attention, please contact this Department.

Curb Cuts

Permission is required from the Village of Point Edward for any curb cuts. Once approval is obtained and all related costs have been paid, arrangements can be made for the work to be done by contacting the Municipal Office (519) 337-3021. For a copy of the Curb Cut application please click on the curb cut driveway widening request record link: Curb Cut Driveway Widening Request Record (PDF).

Road and Other Signs

In the event that a road sign has been damaged or removed, please contact the municipal office.

No private signs are permitted on the boulevards or hydro poles within the Village.


Transit service is available within the Village of Point Edward. For more information about any of the Sarnia Transit Services and Program, call (519) 336-3271. The Transit route is shown on the Point Edward Maps Web Page under the Visitors section of this website. Discounted passes are available to residents of the Village of Point Edward that are students, seniors over the age of 65, or those receiving a disability pension (proof of residence is required).

Trees on Boulevards

In the event that a tree on the boulevard may cause a hazard, has fallen or requires replacement, please contact the municipal office.


Please report any streetlights that have burnt out to the municipal office.


All road reconstruction tenders are posted on the Tenders Web Page under the Business section of this website.


“Call Before You Dig”. To avoid damages to underground services, call Ontario One Call at 1-800-400-2255. For further information, please refer to the web site at


Municipal Office – Jennifer Capes
(519) 337-3021

Chief Administrative Officer - Jim Burns
(519) 337-3021