The Village of Point Edward is taking preventative measures based on discussions with Lambton Public Health and information received from both the Provincial and Federal Governments. These measures are in place as a result of collaborative discussions between concerned agencies.
Closures in Point Edward will be updated as information becomes available. Please call ahead before making your way to appointments, meetings etcetera as changes are occurring daily.
Constant Contact Notices:
Delays of non-essential services:
Compost collection scheduled for March 30, 2020 has been cancelled.
All meetings for Boards and Committees have been cancelled until further notice.
Closures of Municipal Buildings:
Point Edward Memorial Arena (Closed)
Point Edward Community Hall (Closed)
Municipal Office (Closed) If you have any questions please call the office at (519) 337-3021 as the phones are being forwarded.
In order to protect public health, the Village of Point Edward is requesting that members of the public avoid using any of he playground equipment in our local parks because the equipment cannot be properly sanitized at this time. Signage will be posted throughout our parks as a reminder of this requirement.
What You Can Do
- Stay home if not feeling well.
- Wash your hands with soap and water thoroughly and often. Use alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water is not available.
- Cough and sneeze into the crook of your arm or a tissue. Dispose of tissue immediately and wash your hands.
- Keep surfaces clean and disinfected at work and home.
- With large amounts of wipes/disinfecting wipes being purchased in reaction to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are asking the public to please remember: It’s a toilet, not a trash can! Treating your drains like a garbage will have negative consequences! Help prevent sewer blockages and overflows, by only flushing toilet paper down your toilet. Our sewer system is not designed for other items, even those products that claim to be flushable.
Lambton Public Health Information:
If you are experiencing symptoms or have traveled internationally, please call your health care provider or Lambton Public Health (519-383-8331) or https://lambtonpublichealth.ca/ (Please do not call 9-1-1 unless it is an emergency).
Village Officials will continue to meet to ensure that all new and relevant information is being taken into considerations going forward.
For further information, please contact:
Public Health Ontario